Last evening, the City Council gave its advice and consent for the appointment of Gordon Haight as our next city engineer. Gordon brings a long career in public service to Provo. He has been a transportation engineer in Salt Lake City, the public works director or city engineer in Draper, South Jordan and Taylorsville, and an assistant city manager in Herriman. Gordon is highly respected across the state and has a well-deserved reputation as a good listener, a creative thinker and a mentor of young professionals. He will begin working with us on December 15.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
Learn It: Zentangle Holidays I December 1 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
Provo Christmas Market I December 4 4:00 pm
Utah Valley Handbell Ringers I December 6 6:00 pm
Learn It: Holiday Menu and Meal Planning I December 7 7:00 pm
Teen Writer's Group I December 9 7:00 pm
Emergency Home Power Presentation I December 11 8:30 am
Holiday Recipe Swap I December 11 1:00 pm
Conversaciones/Conversations I December 14 7:00 pm
Holiday Paint Night I December 15 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I December 16 6:30 pm
A Christmas Carol I December 20 7:00 pm
Teen Book Club: Beehive Award Nominees I December 23 7:00 pm
Teens Talk: Share Your Hobby I December 30 7:00 pm
Countdown 2022 Party Animals I December 31 7:00 pm
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- The Canyons School District is experiencing some controversy about some books in libraries in their district. Some suggest several should be banned while others insist it is a violation of their policy.
- Climate change and water woes are the reasons AccuWeather and the Tribune are redrawing the Great Salt Lake on maps to reflect it's changes over the past few years.
- If you haven't noticed, meat keeps getting more expensive — and you should probably get used to it. (With the article linked.)
- The United States has one of the worst maternal mortality rates in the developed world, and some of the proposed reasons are surprising to say the least.
YOUR VOICE
Share your holiday pics with us! Is your house decorated? What did your Thanksgiving look like? What is your favorite tradition? We want to know! P.S. We also still want to know the fun announcements, hobbies, and exciting news! So keep those coming too!
UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT
Our Human Resources department has some fun news to share this week! Lillian Montoya was selected to fill the HR Technician vacancy. HR is so excited to have Lilly join the team! Welcome, Lilly!
FUN STUFF
Sometimes the best you get from a hectic holiday schedule is "not mad." Fortunately, my family's schedule isn't quite this hectic this year, but sometimes it has been this way. Maybe you can relate.
Hope your day is going well. Thanks for all you do for Provo!
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.