Well, we have hit another Thursday. It seems like such a short time since Thanksgiving Day. One of the things I have felt real gratitude about over the years has been the opportunity I have had to work with amazing leaders during my career. I thought I would share a quick Facebook post I did a year ago expressing appreciation for all I learned from 10 mayors and a governor with whom I have worked closely. Pictures in the post include Governor Mike Leavitt and Mayors Irene French, Wayne Kimber, Glenn Mecham, Matt Godfrey, Lewis Billings, John Curtis and Michelle Kaufusi. I tried but couldn't find a photo of the first Mayor in my city manager career Willard Pence or Dick Berkeley in Kansas City.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
Provo Christmas Market I December 4 4:00 pm
Utah Valley Handbell Ringers I December 6 6:00 pm
Learn It: Holiday Menu and Meal Planning I December 7 7:00 pm
Film Lecture Series: Christmas Movies - Some Deep Cuts I December 7 7:00 pm
Teen Writer's Group I December 9 7:00 pm
Emergency Home Power Presentation I December 11 8:30 am
Holiday Recipe Swap I December 11 1:00 pm
Conversaciones/Conversations I December 14 7:00 pm
Holiday Paint Night I December 15 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I December 16 6:30 pm
A Pioneer Christmas I December 17 - December 20
A Christmas Carol I December 20 7:00 pm
Teen Book Club: Beehive Award Nominees I December 23 7:00 pm
Teens Talk: Share Your Hobby I December 30 7:00 pm
Countdown 2022 Party Animals I December 31 7:00 pm
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Today is National Special Education Day!
- There was an officer-involved shooting in Taylorsville overnight. Two officers were injured, one critically, and the suspect is dead. Officers were looking for a rape and robbery suspect and located him around 10 pm, with an infant inside the SUV he had been driving. After negotiations, he released the baby and after more than hour, he finally exited the vehicle and began shooting at the officers who returned fire. The baby was unharmed.
- The Department of the Interior recently ordered that the derogatory term “squaw” be removed from lakes, mountains, trails and other features on federal land — and the largest share of the cleanup will be taking place in the West.
- What makes life meaningful for people? A study from the Pew Research Center looks at the things that people say, in advanced economies, make their lives meaningful.
YOUR VOICE
Thank you for sharing your happy news and exciting announcements! It has been a blast to hear and see what is happening in your lives!
UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS
This week Mayor's highlight is getting to watch the Parks & Rec "What I said, What I did" Presentations and participate in a General Plan retreat.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.