Happy Veterans' Day to those among us who have served in our armed forces. This morning, we had our annual Veterans' Day program at Timpview High School, which is sponsored by the City and the Freedom Festival Committee.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
The Nutcracker - Presented by Central Utah Ballet I November 10 - 11
BYU Vocal Point I November 13 2:00 pm
A Night of Bluegrass with The Fabled Folks I November 15 7:00 pm
Learn It: Medicare 101 I November 16 7:00 pm
Learn It: Gluten Free Cookies I November 17 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I November 18 6:30 pm
Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
Learn It: Zentangle Holidays I December 1 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Utah has the second-best health care system in the United States, according to a new analysis.
- A Salt Lake City mother says her 10-year-old daughter took her own life over the weekend after being bullied at school.
- Want an advantage in life's battles? Turns out the answer may be developing thicker skin.
- The House passed the highly anticipated $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill late Friday, a sweeping package that will likely impact all 50 states in some way, including us here in the West.
- Utah women are trailblazing in political leadership, BYU Daily Universe has illustrated a few examples of that.
YOUR VOICE
Do you have a cute pet, baby, or family? Do you also have a fun or unique hobby, favorite tv show, recent enjoyable event, mad cooking skills, or a cool collection? Share them with us! Your fellow employees would like to know! Upload a pic below to show us what you're talking about!
MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS
This week Mayor's highlight was getting to speak at the Veteran's Day celebration at Timpview High School!
Have a great weekend!
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.