So, the snow is falling - a little slower coming than was predicted, but current forecasts suggest 4-8 inches by Friday evening. So, make sure you stay safe and be careful over the next couple of days as we adapt to the first significant snow of the season!
Also, if you haven't had a chance to walk through downtown Provo and into Pioneer Park, this would be a good weekend for that. The lights are amazing, and the snow on the ground will just amplify the beauty.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
Teen Writer's Group I December 9 7:00 pm
Emergency Home Power Presentation I December 11 8:30 am
Holiday Recipe Swap I December 11 1:00 pm
Conversaciones/Conversations I December 14 7:00 pm
Holiday Paint Night I December 15 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I December 16 6:30 pm
A Christmas Carol I December 20 7:00 pm
Teen Book Club: Beehive Award Nominees I December 23 7:00 pm
Teens Talk: Share Your Hobby I December 30 7:00 pm
Countdown 2022 Party Animals I December 31 7:00 pm
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Today is National Pastry Day and Christmas Card Day!
- The island of Tasmania will soon be home to a large steel installation that will house real-time scientific updates about some of the biggest challenges humanity is facing. The project, which is being built at an undisclosed location, is seen as a sort of compliment to the Svalbard Global Seed Vault in Norway. It is meant to be virtually indestructible in order to tell the future what happened to us.
- Utah County Commissioners voted 2-1 to split the Clerk/Auditor roles, a single position currently held by Josh Daniels. The one no vote was Amelia Powers Gardner, the former county Clerk/Auditor. She also made a motion to have a public poll or survey done prior to the split but did not receive a second. “It’s a solution in search of a problem," said Taylor Williams, the Deputy Clerk/Auditor.
- This sounds like a fake article, but it turns out, it is real. Dozens of camels have been barred from a Saudi beauty contest over Botox.
- Supply chain chaos, labor shortage, inflation: How has it impacted holiday shopping in Utah? A new poll seems to have answers.
YOUR VOICE
Share with us your fun news, snow pics, traditions, hobbies, and news! Fill in the form on the right and upload pics below!
UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS
This week Mayor's highlight was sharing a JDawg and getting to see all of you!
Have a great weekend and stay safe and well. And, if you are like me, good luck on the majority of your Christmas shopping still to be done. :)
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.