Monday, December 13, 2021

December 13 2021 Update

Well, we got our snow last Thursday and Friday, which ended up being a great event for the mountains, a bit less intense in the valley than we feared (6.5" at our house).  But we are grateful for moisture to support our water supply.

Today has been a good Monday - I have attended meetings on insurance renewals, on issues related to the Wasatch Elementary School rebuild, and staff meetings.  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Conversaciones/Conversations I December 14 7:00 pm
Holiday Paint Night I December 15 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I December 16 6:30 pm
A Christmas Carol I December 20 7:00 pm
Teens Talk: Share Your Hobby I December 30 7:00 pm
Countdown 2022 Party Animals I December 31 7:00 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I January 6 6:30 pm
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm 

YOUR VOICE

One of the ideas that came through the earlier survey was the desire to make the update more interactive. So, today we are asking you to check out this section (on the right -->) where we will include polls and questions for you, as well as a form where you can highlight a coworker or tell us about what you do for the city! This can range from new babies or weddings to just wanting to give a shout-out to a fellow employee. Fill out the questions on the left, then upload pictures for us to share using the link below! We will post your responses in upcoming editions of the update.

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

HOT-BUTTON ITEMS IN PROVO

I suspect some of you may wonder how we assign city employee holidays when the actual holiday falls over a weekend.  The general rule is that if a holiday is on a Friday or Saturday, we designate Thursday of the prior week as the city employee holiday, and if the actual day falls on a Sunday, we designate the following Monday as the holiday.  But occasionally, in an effort to avoid closing our offices for two consecutive Thursdays in a row or having the city offices open only 1 or 2 days in a week, we might adjust the schedule.  So, this year, with Christmas on a Saturday, we celebrate the holiday on Thursday.  New Years Day is on the following Saturday, so we shifted the City employee holiday to Monday January 3 so that we didn't have two Thursday holidays in a row and two short weeks in a row for our residents.  

Confusing - yes.  It took me several years to actually ask the question!   So, now you know.  We actually make decisions on these things almost a year in advance, so departments that schedule leave only once a year can help employees make informed decisions.

FUN STUFF

Ever wondered about how to better manage the last minute wrapping on Christmas Eve?  This new invention might be just the trick.  




Have a great rest of your day!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...