Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Tuesday December 14 2021 Update

 It is the final City Council meeting day of the year, and the final meeting for Councilors Dave Sewell and David Harding, who chose not to run for re-election last month.  After 8 years for Councilor Sewell and 6 years for Councilor Harding, I have come to appreciate their skills and passion for public service.  We will miss them among our elected officials.

Like most election year Decembers, there is a lot of emphasis in getting some key priorities finalized at this Council meeting, so we expect a bit of a marathon.  But the topics this afternoon and evening are critical to the future of Provo.  I will try to do some summaries before the end of the week to share some thoughts about the results of the discussion and implications for the future.

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Conversaciones/Conversations I December 14 7:00 pm
Holiday Paint Night I December 15 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I December 16 6:30 pm
A Christmas Carol I December 20 7:00 pm
Teens Talk: Share Your Hobby I December 30 7:00 pm
Countdown 2022 Party Animals I December 31 7:00 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I January 6 6:30 pm
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm 

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • At least 88 people across five U.S. states have been confirmed dead after a swarm of tornadoes tore through communities in the South and the Midwest over the weekend. There were at least 44 tornadoes reported across nine states between Friday night and early Saturday morning.
  • Russia says it may be forced to deploy intermediate-range nuclear missiles in Europe.
  • It turns out all children who have been adopted from other countries are not US citizens. "Many adoptees have been shocked to learn decades later that their parents or legal guardians did not complete the naturalization process." Congressman John Curtis is the lead co-sponsor of the House version of HR1593, the Adoptee Citizenship Act. Rep Burgess Owens is also a co-sponsor. 
  • Officials with Salt Lake City Schools confirmed three students were detained following a lockdown at West High School yesterday on Dec. 13, 2021.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA


YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!


TUESDAY TIP

What have you done lately for the people you still have? 

Team members who have not left during the Great Resignation need to know what their future with the organization will be like, writes Tammy Perkins, chief people officer of PMI Worldwide. Perkins offers four actions for leaders, such as creating a more engaging culture as well as implementing stay interviews and pulse surveys that allow employees to give their bosses feedback on their needs and concerns.


FUN STUFF

We had the first Christmas carolers of the holiday season last night - a delightful family in our neighborhood who delivered a treat, with the youngest child saying that they were "bringing us good tidings of great joy" to the eye roll of his older brother.  But, thank goodness, our experience was nothing like this family's.  




Hope you have a great rest of your day.  Back at you tomorrow!  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...