Thursday, January 13, 2022

January 13 2022 Update

I just wanted to take a minute today and highlight one of our amazing, long-term employees who is retiring after today.  We had a party planned for this event, but unfortunately had to make a modification to the plan because of the recent surge in Covid-19 cases.  Renee Bair has been with the city for 36 years and has been our payroll manager I think since before I arrived on the scene.  Her works has touched the careers and lives of every single employee during her time here.  She was absolutely integral in the recent Workday software implementation, and to have no significant glitches in payroll during that time was pretty remarkable for a project of this size and complexity.

I hope you have a moment to either stop by her office today or drop her an email to express your gratitude for her service! 

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Teen Writer's Group I January 13 7:00 pm
Cinderella by The Dance Conservatory I January 14 - January 15
Provo City Library Writing Group I January 15 1:00 pm
COPA AF MDT Concert I January 18 - January 20
Learn It: Macrame for Beginners I January 18 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I January 20 6:30 pm
Library Ballroom Book Sale | January 22 10:00 am
Family Movie Night - Kung Fu Panda | January 24 at 7:00 p.m.
No-Pressure Book Club I January 25 7:00 pm
Guys Read Book Club: Icefall I January 27 7:00 pm
Teen Book Club: No Shakespeare I January 27 7:00 pm
Vision Boards I January 29 2:00 pm
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm 
Paint Night I February 1 7:00 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I February 3 6:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Between the pandemic, budget cuts that cut the work force by 25%, the closure of processing centers, and an increase in workload, the IRS says to expect a delay in your refund this year. The IRS usually has a backlog of roughly 1 million returns, but as of Dec. 23, 2021, it still had 6 million unprocessed individual returns. Filing online is your best chance of receiving a refund within three weeks. 
  • Monthly child tax credit payments have officially stopped. Experts believe the future of the expanded child tax credit is hard to predict.
  • The record-breaking COVID numbers are also causing record-breaking testing in the state. Utahns are waiting sometimes 3 hours in line to get tested.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Anyone started working on any of their resolutions this year? Share a pic! Send out cards this season? Share with us a pic of your family during the holidays! And as always, share your good news with us! We love to hear it!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

 This week Mayor's highlight was getting to attend a ribbon cutting for another great Provo business! Check out the Tom Knox Suit Shop on University Avenue downtown if you get a chance!

FUN STUFF

The best memes of the week.













I hope you have a great weekend.  We will back on Tuesday after the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday.  Take care and stay safe!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...