The week continues today with another day working from home. There are moments when it is kind of nice to have some quiet, relatively uninterrupted time for project work in between meetings, but it is a little isolating to not have much human interaction. Today, my meetings include discussions on property issues, a meeting with Google Fiber, discussions on our agreements with the Provo River Delta Restoration Project, a meeting with our master developer on the redevelopment of the current City Center block, and a legislative update. So - maybe I have enough virtual meetings that I shouldn't feel quite as isolated. 😏
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
Artistic Dance Winter Concert I January 11 7:00 pm
Art by Conchis I January - March 2
Crochet Club: Corner to Corner Crochet I January 11 6:30 pm
Film Lecture Series - Sci-Fi: Under the Radar | January 11 at 7
Conversaciones I January 11 7:00 pm
Learn It: Smart Steps for Stepfamilies I January 12 6:30 pm
Gallery Talk: Conserving Creatures I January 13 7:00 pm
Teen Writer's Group I January 13 7:00 pm
Cinderella by The Dance Conservatory I January 14 - January 15
Provo City Library Writing Group I January 15 1:00 pm
COPA AF MDT Concert I January 18 - January 20
Learn It: Macrame for Beginners I January 18 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I January 20 6:30 pm
Library Ballroom Book Sale: Preview Sale I January 21 3:00 pm
Library Ballroom Book Sale | January 22 10:00 am
Family Movie Night - Kung Fu Panda | January 24 at 7:00 p.m.
No-Pressure Book Club I January 25 7:00 pm
Girls Read Book Club: Everything On a Waffle I January 25 7:00 pm
Guys Read Book Club: Icefall I January 27 7:00 pm
Teen Book Club: No Shakespeare I January 27 7:00 pm
Vision Boards I January 29 2:00 pm
A Night of Disney Music with the Utah County Flute Choir I January 31 7:00 pm
Paint Night I February 1 7:00 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I February 3 6:30 pm
Gallery Talk: Dragonology and Fantasy Origins I February 4 7:00 pm
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Check out the best, coolest, and weirdest gadgets at CES 2022. From color-changing cars to extremely weird laptops to wild new TVs, these are some fun crazy products.
- In a move to recognize its unique history, Utah State University finalized its first official land acknowledgment statements, indicating that school facilities exist on spaces originally occupied by Indigenous peoples.
- Taco Bell has announced the release of the Taco Lover's Pass. It's a pass that’s good for one taco per day for 30 days.
- BYU officials announced the school will now require people to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test to attend large on-campus events.
FUN STUFF
So my oldest grandson is a serious chess player. We were chatting over the weekend about an upcoming chess match between his and another high school in his district in suburban Chicago. I had seen this Studio C sketch about making chess more exciting, but I didn't dare share it with him until after this weekend's match. For those who know anything about chess, I suspect you might enjoy some of these ideas for making it more of a spectator sport.
I hope the rest of your day goes well. Thanks for all you do!
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.