Thursday, January 20, 2022

January 20 2022 Update

Happy Thursday!  I appreciated the comments about my wife's crochet habit (I would not dare say addiction). 😇  So, just a couple of other photos from her projects over the last year.  The bear in the chair stayed at our house - the others were grandchildren birthday or Christmas gifts.  She really is an artist.





I had a very nice opportunity today to spend a few minutes with the new mayor of Orem while he was waiting for a meeting with Mayor Kaufusi.  We have so much in common with our neighbors to the north and both cities are stronger when we have the kind of relationship we do.  I'm excited to continue our strong connection with Orem and our other partners in Utah County.  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

COPA AF MDT Concert I January 18 - January 20
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I January 20 6:30 pm
Library Ballroom Book Sale | January 22 10:00 am
Family Movie Night - Kung Fu Panda | January 24 at 7:00 p.m.
No-Pressure Book Club I January 25 7:00 pm
Guys Read Book Club: Icefall I January 27 7:00 pm
Teen Book Club: No Shakespeare I January 27 7:00 pm
Vision Boards I January 29 2:00 pm
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm 
Paint Night I February 1 7:00 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I February 3 6:30 pm
Conversaciones I February 8 7:00 pm
Valentine's Ball I February 12 6:00 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA



YOUR VOICE

During the cold months it's always nice to dream of fun vacation destinations!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

This week Mayor's highlight was getting to participate in Local Officials Day at the Capitol!  IT is an opportunity for the elected officials in the City, and staff members, to meet with our legislators.  We also bring the Provo Youth Council members there for some training, exposure to the legislative process, and opportunities to discuss their concerns with their state representatives.  

FUN STUFF

Thursday edition of favorite memes of the week.














Have a great weekend; we will see you again next week.  Take care and stay safe.

Wayne

1 comment:

  1. Altho' older than either of you, I am nevertheless open to being adopted if Julie's fuzzy teddy bears are included!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...