Wednesday, January 26, 2022

January 26 2022 Update

What a beautiful sunny morning today.  Like many of you, I come to work in the dark and go home in the dark, so I crave the moments I can look out the window or even walk to meetings out of the office to just enjoy the weather outside.  

We have several meetings today and tomorrow on several of the City's economic development initiatives and priorities.  These are some of the toughest issues we face in trying to build and strengthen our local economy in a way that makes that growth sustainable and positive over time.  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Guys Read Book Club: Icefall I January 27 7:00 pm
Teen Book Club: No Shakespeare I January 27 7:00 pm
Vision Boards I January 29 2:00 pm
National Girls in Sports Day I February 3 4:00 pm
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm 
Paint Night I February 1 7:00 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I February 3 6:30 pm
Conversaciones I February 8 7:00 pm
Valentine's Ball I February 12 6:00 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have you been thinking about sharing something on here but haven't found the courage or time to do it? Well, consider this your sign that you should just do it! We want to hear from you!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT

Here are just a few of your dream destinations, and today happens to be National Plan For Vacation Day. Coincidence? I think not...

  • Puerto Aventuras in Mexico
  • An overwater suite in Bora Bora
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Egypt
  • Maldives
  • Europe
  • Disneyland
  • England
  • Ireland
  • Scandinavia
  • Italy
  • Buenos Aires
  • Bora Bora
  • Indonesia
  • The Shire (I almost feel like we should do a separate poll for fictional characters)
  • Backpacking to King's Peak
  • Argentina
  • Switzerland
  • Tuscany
  • Norway
  • Hawaii, but not for the usual reasons--my son and his family recently moved there and I haven't seen them in nearly 6 years! Donations welcome. ;-)

FUN STUFF

So, for a big football fan who is hoping that his Kansas City Chiefs find their way to the Super Bowl, that game is all about football.  But many, many folks watch the Super Bowl for the commercials (which I also love) and for the halftime show.  This year's halftime show promises to be one to remember.  Here is the recently released trailer for this year's halftime show.  Good music and really great cinematography in the trailer this year.  I'm starting to get hyped for the event!




Have an awesome rest of your day!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...