So, today and tomorrow I am participating in the Servant Leadership Conference this year sponsored by Strategic Government Resources Group - four hours each day. These kinds of opportunities are a great chance to recharge my leadership batteries and think about how to do my job better and be better prepared for the current and future challenges of our organization. I'll share more about some of the things I picked up next week in the daily updates.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
Guys Read Book Club: Icefall I January 27 7:00 pm
Teen Book Club: No Shakespeare I January 27 7:00 pm
Vision Boards I January 29 2:00 pm
A Night of Disney Music with the Utah County Flute Choir I January 31 7:00 pm
Paint Night I February 1 7:00 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I February 3 6:30 pm
Gallery Talk: Dragonology and Fantasy Origins I February 4 7:00 pm
Morning Star Native American Ensemble I February 7 7:00 pm
Conversaciones I February 8 7:00 pm
The Audacity to Write a Great Story: Tips to Ignite and Sustain Your Writing Practice This Year I February 10 7:00 pm
Valentine's Ball I February 12 6:00 pm
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- A controversial new education bill was released Tuesday afternoon on Utah’s Capitol hill during the second week of the legislative session. House Bill 234, sponsored by Rep. Jordan Teuscher (R-South Jordan), would require teachers to post their syllabus and teaching materials online for parents to inspect.
- A bill to require Utah schools to stock free period products passed unanimously and has advanced to the House.
- Twice recently, Yemen's rebels have launched attacks with missiles and drones on the United Arab Emirates, a major escalation for one of the world's most protracted conflicts.
- In the largest sortie of the new year, China flew 39 warplanes toward Taiwan on Sunday.
MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS
This week Mayor's highlight was going to the capitol to represent Provo in the state legislature and to hold a press conference on Free Fare February.
I hope you have a great weekend. Stay safe and healthy.
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.