Monday, February 14, 2022

Tuesday February 15 2022 Update

Welcome to Tuesday, hopefully each of you had a happy Valentine’s day and had the opportunity to tell that special someone that you love them.

My name is John Borget and I am the Department Director of Administrative Services.  Administrative Services includes Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Recorder, Facilities, and the Justice Court.

I was born in Provo and went to Grandview Elementary, Dixon Junior High, Provo High and graduated from Brigham Young University.  I have four children and ten Grandchildren ranging in ages from 2 to 17.  I just got back from having a fantastic time at Disneyland with two of my kids and their spouses and five grandkids.  I am an avid cyclist and my hobbies include Flying remote control airplanes and launching model rockets.

Today we are having a discussion with the Municipal Council asking them to consider adjusting the Sewer Impact Fee.  Impact Fees are designed to provide needed funding for infrastructure related to growth.  We recently completed the Sewer Impact Fee Facilities Plan and have met with the Utah Valley Home Builders Association and discussed the proposed adjustment to the Sewer Impact fee.

In the Council Meeting tonight I will be going over the Quarterly Report for first quarter of Fiscal 2022 ending September 2021.    The Quarterly Report is intended to give unaudited, summary information to the reader about Provo City’s revenue and expenses along with a five-year comparison for each fund. 


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

West Side Story and YA Utah Valley Symphony I February 17 - February 18
Sherma Andrews Concert I February 19 7:30 pm
Learn It: Dungeons and Dragons I February 22 7:00 pm
Best Books of 2021 I February 23 7:00 pm
MUOTeen 2022 I February 25 - February 26
No Pressure Book Club I March 1 7:00 pm
BYU Vocal Point I March 18 - March 19
Soundsation I March 15 7:00 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Three bills aimed at reforming how law enforcement handles use-of-force incidents and mental health calls are making their way through the Utah Legislature.
  • Turf requirements on park strips would no longer exist in Utah under a measure endorsed Friday by a legislative committee, which also approved eliminating cities’ abilities to restrict water wise landscaping.
  • U.S. officials suspended imports of avocados from Mexico on the eve of Super Bowl LVI after a U.S. plant safety inspector received a threat. “U.S. health authorities ... made the decision after one of their officials, who was carrying out inspections in Uruapan, Michoacan, received a threatening message on his official cellphone,” Mexico’s Agriculture Department said in a statement. 

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, personal victories, fur-babies, work successes, yummy meals, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

TUESDAY TIP

How job crafting can create employee satisfaction 

Employees can find greater meaning and connection in their work through job crafting, which allows personalization within a framework, writes Jim Haudan.

FUN STUFF

With the 2022 Super Bowl in the books, here's a throwback to one of the most iconic halftime shows of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsopN7JKUVs

Utah native is doing great in the Olympics:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50344567/homegrown-world-record-holder-nathan-chen-fueling-skating-growth-in-salt-lake

Mountain Lion Visits Draper Family:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50347969/surveillance-video-captures-rare-visit-from-mountain-lion



Hope you have a happy Tuesday and a nice evening with your family.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...