Wednesday, March 16, 2022

March 16 2022 Update

Last evening, our city council made some big decisions which will have some positive and lasting results.  These include:

  • Agreeing to sell city property along Slate Canyon Drive and Nevada Avenue for a single family home development, with proceeds going to the Parks Capital Improvement Fund to assist with needed park improvements in the neighborhood
  • Adopted a new and updated Wastewater Master Plan and associated impact fees
  • Approved annexation of property in Utah County near Western Metals on Lakeview Parkway
  • Approved changes to the Southwest Area portion of the General Plan creating standards for new developments to encourage mixed lot sizes and housing types within single subdivisions
  • Agreed on 11 City Council redistricting map finalists (out of 120 submitted) and on a public engagement strategy for gathering resident input
Our amazing elected public servants take on some very difficult issues, and I am always impressed with their thoughtful and insightful approach to solving them.

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Crochet Basics I March 16 6:30 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I March 16 6:30 pm
Crochet Club: Crochet Samplers I March 16 7:00 pm
BYU Vocal Point I March 18 - March 19
Soundsation I March 15 7:00 pm
As You Like It I March 21 7:00 pm
Learn It: How to Podcast I March 22 7:00 pm
BYU Noteworthy I March 26 7:30 pm
Ukulele for Teens I March 31 7:00 pm
Bee Gees Gold: The Tribute I April 1 7:30 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I April 7 6:30 pm
Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • TikTok is getting near to finalizing a deal with Oracle over US security concerns. The social media app is looking to store its US user information with Oracle, without its Chinese owner ByteDance and the Chinese government being able to access it. 
  • Dillard’s is opening new upscale anchor store at University Place in Orem, with a grand opening today.
  • Some BYU students are holding a free coding camp for girls in high school in order to help expose them to the field of information systems.
  • A Utah addiction recovery program, Recovering Addict, recently received state grant funding.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Here's hearing from you, kids! Share highlights on the right and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT

This past weekend the Library hosted the 20th Fairy Tea Party! Here is a picture of some of the staff that worked the event, including our Fairy King (Director Gene Nelson). 1,000 happy library patrons attended!

FUN STUFF

In honor of National Panda Day today, enjoy these oldies but goodies!



Thanks for all you do.  Together, we are making a difference for our residents and their friends and families.  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...