Tuesday, March 15, 2022

March 15 2022 Update

Well, Pi Day was a success at our house last night.  We made our New Zealand air fried meat pies, and then I decided sort of last minute to make my wife's favorite banana cream pie.  The last minute nature of the decision led us to not being able to enjoy a slice of cold banana cream pie until about 11:00 p.m. last night. 😩 I am usually better at planning things, but this day's celebrations kind of got away from me.




Our municipal council meetings today are focused again on budget preparation.  The council will be looking at our 5 year capital improvement plan in some detail, as well as participating in a lengthy briefing on the public works department operating budget needs.  These kind of in depth reviews are quite helpful for our elected officials in preparing to review the recommended budget in May and June of this year.


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

AuthorLink with Erin Stewart I March 15 7:00 pm
Conversaciones I March 15 7:00 pm
Crochet Basics I March 16 6:30 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I March 16 6:30 pm
Crochet Club: Crochet Samplers I March 16 7:00 pm
BYU Vocal Point I March 18 - March 19
Soundsation I March 15 7:00 pm
As You Like It I March 21 7:00 pm
Learn It: How to Podcast I March 22 7:00 pm
BYU Noteworthy I March 26 7:30 pm
Ukulele for Teens I March 31 7:00 pm
Bee Gees Gold: The Tribute I April 1 7:30 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I April 7 6:30 pm
Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

TUESDAY TIP


Effective organizational communication starts with being transparent with employees, anticipating their concerns and aligning them on strategy, writes Kate Huskin of the Association of Equipment Manufacturers. "It isn't always about what the message should be (which is important), it is more often about how that message makes an impact and what questions it triggers," Huskin writes.

FUN STUFF

Seems like a good day for an energetic acapella performance from Pitch Perfect.  This is the Treblemakers (clever name for a men's acapella group) singing Locked Out of Heaven.




Hope you have a great day.  Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday and we'll be back talking more tomorrow.  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...