Tuesday, March 8, 2022

March 8 2022 Update

Well, sounds like we will be dealing with a snowy commute this evening and tomorrow morning.  For so many of our employees, an evening at home in a warm house or apartment isn't possible with snowy and icy weather.  Please stay safe as you are patrolling streets, responding to vehicle accidents and plowing snow and sanding streets.  The work of the city goes on, regardless of what Mother Nature throws at us!

Today we have been spending a lot of time on airport issues - from reviewing budget needs now and in the future to planning the events associated with the opening of the new terminal.  We are so excited about all the positive changes happening at the airport and recognize our airport team for all they do to work in a challenging environment with many growth pressures.  Stay tuned for more announcements about the future of the airport and the opening of the new terminal!

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

James & the Giant Peach Jr. I March 9 - March 11
BYU Vocal Point I March 18 - March 19
Soundsation I March 15 7:00 pm
BYU Noteworthy I March 26 7:30 pm
Bee Gees Gold: The Tribute I April 1 7:30 pm
Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!


TUESDAY TIP

Why people thrive when they feel community 

Good workplaces are also communities that support every individual, with Homeboy Industries serving as an example for decades by giving employment and life alternatives to former gang members, John Baldoni writes. "It is only belonging, and not mere inclusion, that fully arouses bravery in others," Baldoni writes, quoting from the latest book by Homeboy Industries founder the Rev. Greg Boyle.



Hope you have a great day.  Take care and stay safe!  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...