Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Wednesday March 9 2022 Update

This afternoon, we are hosting a training and education opportunity with our department directors and senior staff related to how best to serve our homeless residents in Provo.  We will have representatives from the Housing Authority, Wasatch Behavioral Health, the Food and Care Coalition, and the United Way Continuum of Care to discuss the services and programs they offer, along with Police and Fire leadership to talk about their approach to some of the challenges that occasionally occur with our homeless residents.  I'm excited for the opportunity to learn more and build some better relationships with our non-profit sector partners in the community.

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

James & the Giant Peach Jr. I March 9 - March 11
BYU Vocal Point I March 18 - March 19
Soundsation I March 15 7:00 pm
BYU Noteworthy I March 26 7:30 pm
Bee Gees Gold: The Tribute I April 1 7:30 pm
Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Today is National Get Over It Day! I don't know what "it" is for you, but let's all just get over it!
  • Efforts to eliminate the sales tax on food fell short this legislative session, but supporters say they will not give up.
  • Experts warn of increased avalanche danger due to new layer of wet, heavy snow.
  • The United States is banning the import of Russian crude oil, liquified natural gas, and coal.
  • Researchers develop DNA test capable of screening for markers for more than 50 genetic diseases in a single pass; approach significantly cuts down diagnosis and testing time for patients.
  • Radioactive substances could be released from Ukraine's Chernobyl nuclear power plant because it cannot cool spent nuclear fuel after its power connection was severed. Russia also cut access to cell networks, including their own.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Are you wondering how to make everyone's day? The answer is elementary, my dear Watson. Share your highlights with us!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT

Guess the Harry Potter Houses of the Mayor's Office:

FUN STUFF

I thought you might like this little video.  Several years ago, lots of public employee groups got involved in some lip sync challenges, with Bruno Mars' Uptown Funk as the music of choice.  This newer one from Instagram sets a whole new standard!  


I hope you have a great day.  We appreciate all you do to make Provo such a great place!  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...