Thursday, March 10, 2022

March 10 2022 Update

I hope your week has gone well.  Mine has had some ups and downs for sure.  I got one of those crazy emails that business "owners" occasionally get offering to buy their business, but it was for us to consider selling our "business"- Provo City.  I had to think long and hard about asking them for an offer. 😏  Not really....

Today we had an opportunity to participate in a virtual meeting with the Orem and Provo City Councils - the first meeting since there was a significant change in the Orem council signaling a shift in direction for the city.  I really appreciate the regular opportunities for our elected officials to interact with their counterparts in our neighboring cities.  We have so many common interests, and Orem has historically been an important and valued partner. 

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

James & the Giant Peach Jr. I March 9 - March 11
BYU Vocal Point I March 18 - March 19
Soundsation I March 15 7:00 pm
BYU Noteworthy I March 26 7:30 pm
Bee Gees Gold: The Tribute I April 1 7:30 pm
Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Two of the most mythical whale species — the narwhal and beluga — have been hanging out together and may produce a fairy-tale-like hybrid species, the “narluga.”
  • For all the Mexican food lovers out there, we have a new place for you to go next time you're in L.A. A museum to Mexican Food is now open!
  • Utah is off to a dry start in 2022. A lack of snowfall has created more setbacks as the state continues to struggle with a “megadrought.”
  • Utah, along with 24 other Republican states, are pushing for ‘energy independence'.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHT

This week Mayor's highlight was meeting on the new airport terminal!  Plans are well underway for the open house and dedication of the terminal later this spring.  

FUN STUFF

This week's favorite memes!













Hope you have a great day and a weekend that brings a positive change of pace!  Take care and stay safe!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...