Greetings from sunny and warm St. George, where some of our team are attending the Utah Municipal Power Agency annual meeting. Today is a very full day of meetings discussing current trends in energy, energy conservation, the legal and regulatory frameworks for municipal power cities and suppliers, and other issues critical to our energy utility and that of our partner cities. The UMPA team is quite extraordinary in how they secure power for our residents, and how they leverage our investments to the benefit of our cities.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
How to Structure Your Novel: Writing Workshop with William Maz I March 24 7:00 pm
Wasatch Ballet Conservatory: The Classics I March 25
Provo Science Palooza I March 26 10:00 am
BYU Noteworthy I March 26 7:30 pm
Lifehouse Performing Arts Academy presents: Earth Bound I March 30 - March 31
Ukulele for Teens I March 31 7:00 pm
Bee Gees Gold: The Tribute I April 1 7:30 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I April 7 6:30 pm
An Evening of Music with the CAN-AM Trio I April 4 7:00 pm
Utah Metropolitan Ballet presents: A Midsummer Night's Dream I April 8 - April 9
Not War by Music - UVYSO I April 11 7:30 pm
CSYP's Suessical Jr. I April 19 7:00 pm
Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Madeleine Albright, first woman to serve as U.S. Secretary of State, has died at age 84.
- The Drug Enforcement Agency is seeing an alarming increase in fentanyl-laced drugs in our community. The problem is increasing its grip and even reaching into middle schools in our state.
- Washington County tourism revenue has seen a 75% spike.
- With talk of permanent daylight saving time, many are talking about what that would mean for Utah.
- Disney has been at the center of a large amount of controversy, normally from conservatives, but more recently from progressives. Disney workers in California and Florida plan walkouts next week to protest what they considered to be the company’s slow response to the Parental Rights in Education Act.
- There is also now a list of U.S. cities with the most $1M homes. Unsurprisingly, most of the list are cities in California.
YOUR VOICE
Houston, we have a problem. We love your highlights so much we want to see more of them!
UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS
This week Mayor's highlight was attending the Utah Municipal Power Agency (UMPA) Conference in St. George.
Have an awesome weekend, all. See you next week!
Wayne




Forgive me, but: "The legislation would not affect the length of our days." (◔_◔) Must that be explicitly noted? If so, I fear for the wellbeing of our Republic. I mean, Congress is powerful and all . . . but . . . not quite that powerful.
ReplyDelete