Wednesday, April 13, 2022

April 13 2022 Update

Good afternoon, all!  I hope your day is going well.  I have a day full of meetings today including discussions about the Provo Towne Centre Mall redevelopment, a meeting with a BYU student who is studying civil engineering and hopes to be like our extraordinary engineers, a meeting on the city center block redevelopment project, and a doctor's appointment (nothing serious - just a check in).  So stem to stern a busy day!

Yesterday's council meeting was really good.  Lots of good discussion about their vision for the future and the things they hope to focus on from a policy and legislative perspective for the next couple of years.  One thing I heard loud and clear is how strongly and positively they feel about you and the good work you are doing!  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Mad Science: Spin, Pop, Boom! I April 18 7:00 pm
Crochet Basics I April 19 6:30 pm
Crochet Club: Crochet Samplers I April 19 7:00 pm
Paint Night I April 19 7:00 pm
CSYP's Suessical Jr. I April 19 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I April 21 6:30 pm
Make Your Own Stress Ball I April 26 7:00 pm
Courtyard Book Sale I April 30 11:00 am
Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Gerber has announced the search for its next spokesbaby. As we all know, Provo has the cutest babies in the world, so it would be no surprise if the next Gerber baby was one of our own!
  • The mayor of Mariupol, Vadym Boychenko, said that more than 10,000 civilians have been killed and the number could be twice that many. The Russian general who was just appointed to lead Moscow's war on Ukraine is a man nicknamed "the butcher of Syria."
  • A new immunotherapy treatment is showing promise against testicular and ovarian cancer, with more than 40% of patients in a small test pool showing significant tumor shrinkage. 
  • Do you ever have a hankering for a lab-grown tiger steak? Well, today is your lucky day! Lab-grown meat company Primeval Foods is planning to bring a whole host of exotic meats to the market, including zebra, lion, elephant, and tiger. What a time to be alive.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT

FUN STUFF

So, this is kind of fun!  A new program was developed so that you can hear how far some of the biggest hit songs have traveled in space.  Click the link and then scroll on the left side to get light years away from earth to what songs folks on planets that far away from earth might be hearing (assuming someone there invented a radio).  



Thanks again for the great work you do for the city and our residents.  You are amazing.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...