Thursday, April 14, 2022

April 14 2022 Update

Happy Thursday.  It's the end of the week for some of us, and with Easter weekend, it can be a good time to have some time outside and family events and activities.

Today, we took a look at some new features and tools that will likely be part of a website refresh for Provo.org.  We also talked scooters and the new airport terminal, and considered ways to enhance our connections with city employees.  Lots of good things in the pipeline.

I was invited to be a presenter at the Provo Community Church's annual Easter Sunrise Service.  While I really appreciate the opportunity to join with others in celebrating Easter, arriving at 6:00 a.m. is a little daunting.  No partying the night before.  😏

Let us know your Easter weekend plans with a quick comment at the bottom of the post, or adding an entry to the "Your Voice" section in the right hand column.  .  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Mad Science: Spin, Pop, Boom! I April 18 7:00 pm
Crochet Basics I April 19 6:30 pm
Crochet Club: Crochet Samplers I April 19 7:00 pm
Paint Night I April 19 7:00 pm
CSYP's Suessical Jr. I April 19 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I April 21 6:30 pm
Make Your Own Stress Ball I April 26 7:00 pm
Courtyard Book Sale I April 30 11:00 am
Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • A man passing through a Transportation Security Agency (TSA) checkpoint at Logan airport was stopped for having a sword concealed in his cane – and claimed he had no idea the blade was there.
  • The US Labor Department said today that the consumer price index jumped 8.5% in March from a year ago, the biggest year-over-year increase since December 1981. 
  • New MRI technology allows researchers to create time-lapse images of how the living brain responds to different experiences.
  • Do we have any true crime fans out there? This might be a one-in-a-million opportunity. A streaming company is looking to pay someone $2,400 to watch a 24-hour true crime marathon and post about it on social media.
  • Police in San Francisco pulled over a self-driving car, and when they discovered no one was in it, the car drove away from the police. All this was caught on video by a bystander.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

This week Mayor's highlight was meeting with the State Department of Natural Resources about water resources at the state capitol.  She also enjoyed speaking to a class of second graders about the Mayor's job.  She shared with them this little video that explains what the Mayor does every day in addition to answering their questions.



FUN STUFF

This week's favorite Internet memes.













Have a great weekend.  I hope you get to enjoy some friends and family time.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...