Thursday, June 2, 2022

June 2, 2022 Update

A great but very busy Thursday - end of a short week.  Meetings today included a discussion with the executive team of Brixton Capital (owners of the Towne Centre Mall), and our City Hall project steering committee discussing the beginning of the move-in process in just three short weeks and planning for the grand opening and public tours of the building on July 2.  I also had a good conversation with Chief Miguel about the next steps in our feasibility study for dispatch consolidation.  So much to do and so little time!  

I hope you have some good weekend plans.  We are watching grandchildren on Friday afternoon, getting somewhat caught up on yard and garden work that suffered while we were in San Diego, and then helping with my mother-in-law's move from her home to assisted living.  And maybe we will get a chance to finish up the audiobook murder mystery that Julie and I started on our drive to and from Southern California.  Not glamorous, but busy is what usually works for us!  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28
Utah COPA POP Concert I May 23 7:30 pm
Studio K Dance Recital I May 24 7:00 pm
Studio 1 Solo Showcase I May 26 4:00 pm
Studio 1 Spring Recital I May 26 7:00 pm
Provo Pioneer Village I June 6 5:00 pm
Movies in the Park: Shrek 2 I June 6 8:00 pm
No Pressure Book Group I June 7 7:00 pm
Jive Spring Concert: Riverton I June 10 - June 11
Provo Touch-A-Truck I June 11 11:00 am
Movies in the Park: Sing 2 I June 13 8:00 pm
Movies in the Park: Hercules I June 20 8:00 pm
Provo Market I July 23 10:00 am
The Tom Proctor Band I June 24 7:30 pm
Ammon and Liahona I June 25 6:00 pm
Motown & More I July 1 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • If you've been following the Depp-Heard trial, yesterday the jury awarded Johnny Depp $15M in his defamation suit against his ex-wife Amber Heard; Heard won a $2M defamation claim over a statement from Depp's lawyer.
  • Preserved egg fragments help place the now-extinct Australian "thunderbird" on the evolutionary tree, suggest ancient Indigenous populations consumed their eggs.
  • John Hinckley Jr., who tried to assassinate former President Ronald Reagan in 1981, will be released from court-ordered psychiatric supervision and all remaining restrictions June 15. A federal judge yesterday ordered Hinckley's full freedom after prosecutors said he exhibited good behavior and displayed no signs of mental illness.
  • Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee kicks off today in the UK, celebrating seven decades of her service. The four-day celebration marks the first time a Platinum Jubilee has taken place in British history, with the queen holding the record for being the longest-reigning monarch. 

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

This week Mayor's highlight was getting out of the office to hike the "Y" with some great employees!  She also spoke at the Memorial Day program, got to meet with a local business leader on opportunities at the new airport, filmed for the next video in the Provo Advantage series, met with the president and dean of the Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine under construction in the East Bay area, and represented Provo at the Regional Planning Committee meeting and the Utah County Council of Governments meeting, among many other meetings and commitments.  

FUN STUFF

This week's favorite Internet memes!















Have an awesome weekend - and enjoy Utah's late spring warmer weather!    

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...