Monday, April 6, 2020


April 6 Update

Happy first Monday in April.  Spring is springing just outside my home office with daffodils out in splendor, tulips getting close and little sprouts in the garden.

Today's Coronavirus Numbers

National:  Total cases: 330,891; Total deaths: 8,910

State:

Utah County:  Total cases:  223; Hospitalizations:  14; Deaths: 2 (both deaths were in a long-term care facility)

Provo City Updates


  • This morning, Mayor Kaufusi signed the revised emergency pandemic leave policy.  A copy of the policy, along with a poster to be placed on official city bulletin boards were sent out with the link to this blog post.  It is kind of complicated (what response to a hurried-up federal law isn't?) but if you have questions, or wonder how this might apply to you, please don't hesitate to reach out to HR.
  • UTA has been experiencing a dramatic decrease in ridership, and they are reducing the frequency of some routes, including the FrontRunner and UVX.  Learn more about the UTA service changes.  


Provo Social Media


  • It is super important that we all practice social distancing in an effort to flatten the curve.  The City released this video last Friday to encourage people in Provo to "stay a Kaufusi away" from each other (6'10" for Corbin). 
  • The Mayor's Office also released the Mayor's 2020 State of City Address video.  It includes a brief status report as to the vibrancy in Provo along with a tour of sites in Provo of interest to our residents.  


Fun Stuff


Now having worked primarily from home for a couple of weeks, I am starting to get the hang of Zoom.  It is a great platform for online meetings, but one of my favorite parts is being able to use virtual background that make it look like your home office is something more than it is.  So I have been playing with virtual backgrounds and would like your opinion on the one I should use for meetings.  I have five options, and wanted to let you vote on which one you think I should use.  So, here are the choices.

Option 1:  No background - just the white wall behind my computer desk


Option 2:  Y Mountain in the Fall


Option 3:  Library (Chief Miguel thinks it makes me look smarter than I really am - which might be a good thing.)


Option 4:  A serene patio


Option 5:  The Batcave


OK, there are your choices. Go ahead and choose one in the poll below! I will announce the winning backdrop tomorrow!

Thanks everyone for all you are doing!  Hang in there!  We are going to get through this together.

Wayne

3 comments:

  1. You're the best Wayne! Thanks for taking the updates to the employees seriously but with a fun twist and sense of humor. We all need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Option 5! Hands down! Lol. Thanks for the updates! They are positive, informative, and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved your updates and you seem like a great person. Love those backgrounds! I like #3 because I love libraries!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...