Tuesday, October 6, 2020

October 6, 2020 Update

It is a great Tuesday, and a Council meeting day to boot.  One of the privileges of being the CAO is I get to tackle some of the toughest issues in Council meeting.  So I got to spend a high-quality half hour with the Council and on YouTube talking about recent utility billing challenges.  Probably not my best moment with a City Council in my career, but we keep moving forward, right?

CORONAVIRUS STATS

Nationally, the CDC reports 7,436,278 cases with 209,560 fatalities.
Utah:  79,439 cases (up 716 from yesterday); 4,058 hospitalizations; 488 deaths (up 6 from yesterday)
Utah County:  21,381 cases (up 201 from yesterday); 727 hospitalizations; 63 deaths (no change from yesterday)

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • A fight broke out on a flight leaving from Mesa, Arizona heading to Provo when a gentleman refused to wear a face mask in addition to his face shield.


  • The first Nobel Prize winners of the year were announced on Monday, and the announcements will continue through October 12th. Today they announced that Physics Prize goes to Roger Penrose for the discovery that the black hole formation is a robust prediction of the general theory of relativity.
  • If you haven't checked out the Fall foliage this year, there are so many beautiful places right here in Utah County you can go to get your Fall fix! 
  • I thought I was done with posts on this award, but this morning the management team surprised me at director's meeting with a standing ovation and the presentation of the award! The best part of what is seeming continually awkward recognition was to see my wife, 85-year-old mother, my daughter and two grandchildren who came to surprise me for the event.  It was a sweet moment to enjoy with my family members.  







PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA








THE MAYOR'S DAY

Today, Mayor Kaufusi:

  • Held a director's meeting
  • Participated in City Council work meeting
  • Met with the interim Legal director
  • Participated in City Council meeting
  • Met on the CARES Act

FUN STUFF

I really like the Piano Guys, but I am not a big fan of bagpipe music.  But Scotland has always intrigued me, so I can excuse a bit of bagpipe in favor of the other benefits of this incredible video.  Enjoy!



Thanks to everyone for all you do!  You make my life better every day as a Provo resident and a fellow city team member.

Wayne 

2 comments:

  1. Castle Eilean Donan on Loch Duich in route to the Isle of Skye. The music was pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. Not a lover of bagpipes?? This was a perfect mix. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...