I appreciate all of our employees. I have been thinking a lot about some of our employees who have recently announced their retirement. So many of these employees have given so many good and meaningful years of public service - and as a resident as well as in my role as a city employee I am very appreciative of what they have brought to our team. Thanks to all of you - and especially to our retiring colleagues. Congratulations on a well-deserved retirement and thank you for being great examples to the rest of us.
CORONAVIRUS STATS
Nationally, the CDC reports 16,317,892 cases with 300,032 fatalities.
Utah: 237,787 cases (up 1,915 from yesterday); 9,585 hospitalizations; 1,077 deaths (up 15 from yesterday)
Utah County: 58,426 cases (up 462 from yesterday); 1,639 hospitalizations; 182 deaths (up 4 from yesterday)
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Governor Herbert introduced today the formation of a new Utah Compact that seeks to address racial equity, diversity and inclusion.
- If you like to have your Christmas presents shipped, it is good to be aware that the deadlines are fast approaching and some are even today.
- The first case of coronavirus in wild animals was here in Utah, in a wild mink.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
THE MAYOR'S DAY
Today, Mayor Kaufusi:- Met with the City PIO
- Held a meeting with Legal
- Participated in a Communications Strategy meeting
- Participated in Policy Makers Council
- Met in City Council Work meeting
- Participated in City Council meeting
FUN STUFF
As you probably know, I really like Christmas lights. While mine aren't complicated and are a lot more traditional, I kind of geek out when I see an amazing Christmas light display. So this little video from The Piano Guys was really fun for me. Additionally, my daughter played Jon Schmidt's arrangement of "I Saw Three Ships" in several piano recitals and I heard it over and over (and over) for several holiday seasons. So, here goes one of my favorite combinations of piano and lights.
Happy Holidays! Probably some more of these to come in the next few days as we approach Christmas!
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.