Monday, March 15, 2021

March 15, 2021 Update

I hope everyone had a good weekend.  Julie and I spent a lot of the weekend at Utah Valley Hospital with my father-in-law who fell and broke an ankle this weekend.  I got a first hand look at how Covid protocols are working at the hospital, and also a little glimpse into many areas of the hospital that are new.  It is certainly a facility we can be proud of in Provo, and such a nice place to work for our health care professionals.  


CORONAVIRUS STATS

Nationally, the CDC reports 29,269,590 cases with 532,355 fatalities.
Utah:  378,600 cases; 15,129 hospitalizations; 2,027 deaths
Utah County:  91,566 cases; 2,483 hospitalizations; 349 deaths

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Today is National Napping Day, which seems quite appropriate after Daylight Savings yesterday.
  • The Washington Post released a time-lapse map showing deaths due to Covid-19 throughout the duration of the pandemic.
  • There are some potential side-effects to the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine that are causing some individuals to suffer from blood clots.
  • Utah County is moving to moderate on the Covid-19 transmission index as declared by the state.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA









THE MAYOR'S DAY

Today, Mayor Kaufusi:

  • Met with the Fire Chief
  • Held a meeting with the Police Chief
  • Filmed a video with Miss Provo
  • Met with the city PIO
  • Held a communications strategy meeting
  • Participated in a Utah County Covid-19 coordinating phone call
  • Attended the Utah County Republican Women Luncheon
  • Met with her executive team
  • Talked with several office staff members
  • Met to discuss upcoming events in Provo
  • Held a meeting regarding Center Street

FUN STUFF

Did you miss the Grammy's last night?  I did given how our weekend went, but I caught up on one number from the event last night.  Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak with the group Silk Sonic sang this great tribute to the 70's smooth Motown music with Leave the Door Open.  I loved it and hope you enjoy a little music that reminds us of simpler days.


For the rest of this week, I will be involved in some service to the National Association of Schools of Public Administration working on a "site visit" team to a university's master of public administration program that is applying for accreditation from NASPA.  So while everything will be virtual, I am taking annual leave time to help out.  So, I hope you have a great week and enjoy St. Patrick's Day.  We'll be back in touch again next Monday!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...