Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Tuesday August 24 2021 Update

Happy Council Tuesday!  This has been a council meeting so far that has many long term and policy implications.  We have talked general plan, sustainability, parking permit and paid parking programs, encouraging Covid-19 vaccination, preparations for a future Winter Olympics in Utah, and good land use planning processes.  Whew!

Then this evening we will be honoring two longstanding pillars of the Provo community - Karl Snow and Glee Zumbrennen - who were influential in the design and approval of the current Provo form of government.  So, deep thoughts about the future and honoring a community decision in the past which set up our current successes.  An awesome day for folks like me who love history and try to plan for our community's future.


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

1820 The Musical I August 6 - September 11
Rock The Canyon I August 28 4:00 pm - 8:00pm
Lunchbox Hacks I September 1 7:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I September 4 1:00 - 2:00 pm
The Alibis I September 30 - October 23
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Today is National Waffle Day and Provo's own Waffle Love is having a BOGO deal! Here are the instructions from Waffle Love: Between now and Aug. 24th, Simply post a picture in front of our store mural or food truck, use the #waffluv hashtag AND tag us on the photo. On National Waffle Day (8/24) show the cashier your social media post with the correct # and @. We will then give you a free waffle card for later use with the purchase of a waffle on National Waffle Day. Mark your calendars and let your friends know. See you then!
  • The Northern California fire that has been causing so much air pollution here is unfortunately 0% contained, and continues to destroy homes and force the evacuation of thousands.
  • Utah groups are working hard to prepare to receive and resettle Afghan refugees fleeing the country and are asking for the public's help.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA






YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below! 



TUESDAY TIP

One way to improve your decision-making skills is simply to pause and seek more information, as you'll uncover more possibilities and potentially unravel difficult problems, writes Eric McNulty. He offers five ways to avoid snap judgments and ultimately make a better decision.


FUN STUFF

After my post last week with the fatherhood reveal video, Adam Mills from IS forwarded me some of his favorite parenting/fatherhood memes.  I thought I would share those today for our Fun Stuff section.








Thanks again for all you do!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...