Wednesday, September 22, 2021

September 22, 2021 Update

Hope your Wednesday is going well.  It was awesome to see many of you today at our end of summer employee BBQ event.  Every department contributed money and time to make it all happen, and I thought it was a great success.  Excellent burgers and dogs (including my favorite seasoning for the burgers - good taste, PW) and great salads and all the other stuff (including brownies, one of my many food weaknesses).  While I didn't get to say hello to everyone, I tried!  I hope you enjoyed the beautiful weather (always the responsibility of the Mayor) and some time to reconnect to friends and co-workers.


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Employee Appreciation BBQ I September 22 11:30 am
Fall Food Fest I September 24 5:00pm
Acting Up: Beauty and the Beast I October 4 7:00 pm
Learn It: Inking for Inktober I October 5 2021 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap I October 6 7:00 pm
Conversaciones/Conversations I October 12 7:00 pm
Superhero Academy I October 16 11:00 am
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22

NEWS YOU CAN USE


YOUR VOICE

Don't forget to share your fun news, hobbies, and announcements with us in the section on the right and upload photos below. Don't forget to include your name!


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA





EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT



While this employee highlight was written by Rylee's colleagues at Parks and Recreation, I agree with them!  Rylee is a go-to guy on their team.  

I want to give a big shout out to the incredible Rylee Snelson, the Parks and Recreation department's dedicated Project Supervisor. Rylee has been working for Provo since he was a teen, and this year we celebrate him for his 15 years of service!!!! Rylee is a big mover and shaker in our department, there is no project he can't get done. Some of his most recent projects include the beautiful Unlimited Play Center at North Park, and the marvelous and modern Spring Creek Park. Lately, Rylee has been working tirelessly to get the highly anticipated Regional Sports Park up on its feet. Our team appreciates how much time and care Rylee puts into sustaining the beauty of Provo, and bringing us new and exciting recreation opportunities. We're very grateful to have a team leader like Rylee. Congratulations on 15 years, Rylee!!!

FUN STUFF

My youngest son is a big Marvel Cinematic Universe fan.  While he was here on vacation, we had to do a first day movie run to Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.  My MCU tastes run more to the more light hearted movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man.  But he sent me the link to this YouTube video this week with famous Marvel scenes and outtakes put to music.  So - indulge me a one last Bruno Mars song for the week (and then I will move on). 



Thanks again for joining us for lunch this afternoon.  It was great!

Wayne

1 comment:

  1. It was great to chat with you at the BBQ, Wayne! It's a great tradition to enjoy every year.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...