Thursday, September 23, 2021

September 23, 2021 Update

Welcome to Thursday!  We heard about an announcement from BYU this morning that we are still trying to process.  Beginning with Fall Semester 2022, single BYU students who have had two semesters of college will be allowed but no longer be required to live in on-campus or BYU contracted housing and will not be limited to the current 2-mile radius around the campus (much like married students and graduate students).  Additionally, landlords will have to choose between applying for contracted status or not.  And BYU contracted housing will be limited to BYU students only.  It marks a significant change to decades-long policies.  We will be thinking more about what the changes might mean for Provo, so keep posted!  


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Fall Food Fest I September 24 5:00pm
Acting Up: Beauty and the Beast I October 4 7:00 pm
Learn It: Inking for Inktober I October 5 2021 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap I October 6 7:00 pm
Conversaciones/Conversations I October 12 7:00 pm
Superhero Academy I October 16 11:00 am
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22

YOUR VOICE

Did you get to do something fun this past week? Do you have a fun hobby you enjoy when you get a spare moment? Is there anything fun about you your coworkers might not know? Share it in the section on the right and upload a picture below! Please make sure to tell us who you are so we can share!


NEWS YOU CAN USE


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA





MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS


This week Mayor's highlight was the birth of her first granddaughter, Kaleia. Mama and baby are doing great and Mayor is a proud grandma!


FUN STUFF

Today's weekly edition of favorite memes and photos from the Internet.











Have an awesome weekend!  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...