Well, we are at the end of the work week for many of us - and the start of the week for others. Given that we have to run an operation and deliver services for our residents that never takes a day off, today I am grateful for all of our team members who have to work the weekends, the graveyard and swing shifts, and who work at 48/96 schedule. We appreciate all you do to keep the City running!
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
1820 The Musical I August 6 - September 11Festival Latinoamericano I September 3 - 6Provo City Library Writing Group I September 4 1:00 - 2:00 pmCrochet Club: Crochet Basics I September 14 6:30 pmConversaciones / Conversations I September 14 7:00 pmCrochet Club: Halloween! I September 14 7:00 pmWriting Workshop: The 5 Essential Parts of Your First 5 Pages I September 15 7:00pmDazzle Dogzz! I September 20 6:00 pmLearn It: Cooking with Fall Spices I 7:00 pmThe Alibis I September 30 - October 23Catapult I October 26 7:30 pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22
1820 The Musical I August 6 - September 11
Festival Latinoamericano I September 3 - 6
Provo City Library Writing Group I September 4 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Crochet Club: Crochet Basics I September 14 6:30 pm
Conversaciones / Conversations I September 14 7:00 pm
Crochet Club: Halloween! I September 14 7:00 pm
Writing Workshop: The 5 Essential Parts of Your First 5 Pages I September 15 7:00pm
Dazzle Dogzz! I September 20 6:00 pm
Learn It: Cooking with Fall Spices I 7:00 pm
The Alibis I September 30 - October 23
Catapult I October 26 7:30 pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- The Utah-based voting outreach group Voterise wants to encourage younger potential voters to get involved with their cities and find out what it takes to run them by asking them this question: What would you do if you ran your city?
- The Chinese government is now limiting video games for kids to 3 hours per week, on specific days of the week.
- University of Utah Health and Salt Lake County are studying air quality inside families’ homes in order to help minimize illness.
- For your viewing pleasure, a mural artist has created three-dimensional illusions that appear to change the construction of existing architecture.
- A new study is showing that Moderna creates twice as many antibodies as Pfizer.
YOUR VOICE
Share some fun activities, announcements, and anything else you would like in the section on the right (-->) and upload photos below!
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS
This week Mayor was able to participate in Provo's Youth Court, which is back in session! For those of you who don't know, Provo Youth Court is a Restorative Justice Process that to help young offenders repair the harm, connect with their community, and build skills that will assist them for life. It is an excellent opportunity for our youth to learn about the criminal justice and legal systems and get leadership opportunities. We have a large number of youth currently participating in this program and Mayor was excited to see how many Provo youth are taking advantage of the program!FUN STUFF
Weekly edition of favorite Internet memes.
Hope you have a great weekend! I'm looking forward to our guest hosts next week, and to reconnecting after I return the week of September13. Take care and stay safe!
Wayne









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.