Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Tuesday September 28 2021 Update

I usually really enjoy work on Tuesdays.  When it is a Council Tuesday, I enjoy my interactions with the Council members and their staff, with our presenters, and with the public.  On the off Tuesdays, I have a chance to visit with most of my direct reports, and it is always interesting to learn more about what is going on with their important projects and their departmental efforts.  I always come away on Tuesdays with a sense of excitement about all we are doing as a team.

I also got to meet this morning with 13 new city employees who are just starting with the City.  This group included six new firefighters, two police officers, two public safety dispatchers, a grounds tech in parks, a justice court clerk, and an office specialist in Community and Neighborhood Services.  I love this monthly opportunity to welcome new employees to the team and to share our vision and desire to always be making life better for Provo.

Finally, we also had an opportunity to talk with the recruiting firm we hired to help with our police chief recruitment.  We have some excellent candidates that will be interviewing with a community panel shortly.  The consultants were really pleased with the caliber of our candidates, and I am confident that at the end of the process the Mayor will appoint an excellent new chief of police to serve the department and the community!


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Acting Up: Beauty and the Beast I October 4 7:00 pm
Learn It: Inking for Inktober I October 5 2021 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap I October 6 7:00 pm
Conversaciones/Conversations I October 12 7:00 pm
Superhero Academy I October 16 11:00 am
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Utah football player Aaron Lowe is dead following a shooting at a party in Salt Lake early Sunday morning. The first 911 call was placed two hours before a fight erupted and shots were fired. Aaron was best friends with Ty Jordan, who died on Christmas Day after an accidental shooting. Aaron changed his number from 2 to 22 in honor of Ty and was also the first recipient of the Ty Jordan Memorial Scholarship.
  • If you haven't already noticed, Costco is placing limits on the sale of toilet paper, cleaning products, and water bottles. Sam's Club is also doing this, and there are several speculations about why this is so, predominantly in anticipation for buying frenzies or a production line shortages.
  • Rolls-Royce has completed the first flight of its all-electric ‘Spirit of Innovation’ aircraft intended for a world speed record attempt. It's first flight was a duration of 15 minutes and is the first of many tests, according to the company.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA






YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below! 


TUESDAY TIP

So, before the Avengers and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a little movie series called Star Wars had its debut.  In this little video, Peter Hollens and an acapella group called The Warp Zone show what the Star Wars prequel series should have been - all in four minutes or less.




Hope you have a great rest of your day.!  And may the Force be strong with you.  😂 

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...