Tuesday, November 9, 2021

November 9 2021 Update

It is Tuesday and there has been a lot going on today.  In our offices, we have had meetings on community solar projects, digital inclusion, bikes and scooters, zoning enforcement, public power legislation, airport issues, and the Utah legislative special session.  It has been quite a day so far.

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Conversations/Conversaciones I November 9 7:00 pm
Fall Leaves for Families I November 10 6:30 pm
Harry Potter Trivia I November 10 7:00 pm
BYU Vocal Point I November 13 2:00 pm
Learn It: Medicare 101 I November 16 7:00 pm
Learn It: Gluten Free Cookies I November 17 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I November 18 6:30 pm
Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
Learn It: Zentangle Holidays I December 1 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Today is World Adoption Day! Having been foster parents ourselves, this one has a special place for my wife and me.  We ended up not needing to adopt our foster kids (children of my niece) because they were able to reunited with their birth family.  But we have certainly seen the challenges of foster families as well as what they accomplish to help children.
  • Several Brigham Young University students are hoping to form the school’s first official disc golf team, and have created a fundraiser with the goal to raise $1,000 for the program.
  • The U.S. is officially reopening its borders after barring travel from 33 countries including China, India, much of Europe, Mexico, and Canada.
  • The redistricting meeting has met and their finalized maps and plans were discussed.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

TUESDAY TIP

Act like a boss regardless of your title 

A CEO mindset means owning your area, proactively setting goals and serving five key constituencies along with your interests, writes Dan Rockwell. "Ownership is moving from paralyzing grievance to forward-facing motion," he writes.


FUN STUFF

It's been a while since our last Bruno Mars music video.  He remains one of my favorite R&B and funk musicians and performers.  I hope you enjoy this one for a rainy Tuesday afternoon.




Hope you have a great day.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...