Wednesday, January 5, 2022

January 5 2022 Update

Yesterday was a great day in Provo.  We had our first city council meetings of the new year with two new council members.  We held our inauguration program where Mayor Kaufusi and Councilors Handley, MacKay and Whipple were sworn in.  And, after I got home last evening, I knocked a plant off of a plant stand and spent the rest of the evening cleaning up and repotting a plant.  Well, that last part wasn't technically part of a great day!  

It was great at the inaugural ceremony to reconnect with former council members, our county commissioners, and other friends and colleagues from around the state.  And, [wait for it], I even got invited to be in a selfie with Vineyard Mayor Julie Fullmer - quite an honor.  :)

On a more serious note, you have certainly seen the Covid-19 case counts spiking again.  Today's report from the state was an all-time record of 7,247 positive cases in one day.  We are working on a response today for employees and department directors regarding the implementation of new CDC guidelines for isolation and quarantine, given the current Omicron variant contagion.  Keeping our workforce safe and healthy is our key priority and has been since the outbreak of the pandemic more than a year ago. Vaccines are certainly helping, and the evidence is pretty clear that fully vaccinated people are having a generally less impactful illness if they contract Covid-19.  So, watch your email for more information about how we are proposing to handle this current spike!  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Teen Volunteer Board I January 6 6:30 pm
COPA Pop Concert I January 10 7:30 pm
Artistic Dance Winter Concert I January 11 7:00 pm
Cinderella by The Dance Conservatory I January 14 - January 15
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm 

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

One of the ideas that came through the earlier survey was the desire to make the update more interactive.  So, today we are asking you to check out this section (on the right -->) where we will include polls and questions for you, as well as a form where you can highlight a coworker or tell us about what you do for the city! This can range from new babies or weddings to just wanting to give a shout-out to a fellow employee. Fill out the questions on the left, then upload pictures for us to share using the link below!  We will post your responses in upcoming editions of the update.

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT

We had a badge pinning ceremony yesterday in the Fire Department.  Take a look at this Facebook post about the event.

FUN STUFF

Now for a little acapella music with Pentatonix, doing a mashup of Butter and Dynamite.  A great way to take a quick musical break at work!  




I hope you have a great rest of your day.  Stay safe and take precautions to keep others safe and healthy.  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...