Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Tuesday January 4 2022 Update

Welcome to a new year!  Today is a busy day with the first city council meetings of the year, along with the inauguration program for Mayor Kaufusi, Councilor George Handley and new Councilors Katrice MacKay and Rachel Whipple.  We are very excited to welcome our two new council members to city government.

We will be live streaming the inauguration program at 4:00 p.m. on the Provo City Government Facebook page for those who would like to watch the event.  

It has been a busy two weeks for the City with snow and ice control efforts, several weather-induced power outages, and lot of other events going on.  Thanks especially to all of our team who took time away from their families over the holidays to keep us safe.  

And, for football fans, it was a great week of bowl games.  Even the Rose Bowl, featuring the Utah Utes, was an amazing game despite the final outcome.  And former BYU QB Zach Wilson had a great game against Tom Brady and the Buccaneers this weekend, despite some terrible play calling that probably cost the Jets the win.  In any event, I hope you had a chance to watch at least a little football this weekend.  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Alice, A Leader in Wonderland I January 4 7:00 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I January 6 6:30 pm
COPA Pop Concert I January 10 7:30 pm
Artistic Dance Winter Concert I January 11 7:00 pm
Cinderella by The Dance Conservatory I January 14 - January 15
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm 

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • There were more than 14,000 new cases of Covid-19 in Utah over the New Years holiday weekend.  Wow!  
  • Sandy is swearing in the city's first female mayor after she won a close race in November.  
  • In case you are looking for shorter Covid-19 testing lines, here is some advice about how to shorten the wait.  

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

p>

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

TUESDAY TIP

How to communicate better when people really need it

Discovering The Lost Art Of Communication.  Good communication is simple but difficult: Know what you're saying, how you'll say it and who your audience is, all while offering "the hero's journey" form of storytelling, writes Ignition Strategy Group CEO Matthew Moseley. "We cannot just tell them we care, but must show them that we care through our actions and our stories," he writes.

FUN STUFF

It has been an interesting two weeks with the loss of two very different but equally impactful icons of their era - former Nevada senator Harry Reid and the unforgettable Betty White.  I thought you might enjoy this classic sketch from the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson with Johnny and Betty White.  Timeless and smile inducing.  We will miss her impeccable sense of humor and timing! 




Hope you have a great day.  It is great to be back in the office after a long and needed break!  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...