I hope your week has been going well. I really appreciate the comments I receive on the daily update. Some are just plain nice, and I appreciate those. Other times there are very fair critiques, and I also appreciate those. Sometimes I do get busy and sometimes I even type faster than I think - or at least think enough. Thanks for helping me get better, even when something I say comes across the wrong way or I miss something important.
I am looking forward to the weekend. We have a "sleepover" tomorrow and Saturday with our youngest grandson who is turning 3. He is so much fun to be around! And while I feel a little somber about attending Dave Graves' funeral tomorrow, I love the chance to hear more about the lives of people that I knew, and to hear stories from their lives that always inspire me.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
Lifehouse Performing Arts Academy presents: Earth Bound I March 30 - March 31
Ukulele for Teens I March 31 7:00 pm
Bee Gees Gold: The Tribute I April 1 7:30 pm
Teen Volunteer Board I April 7 6:30 pm
An Evening of Music with the CAN-AM Trio I April 4 7:00 pm
Utah Metropolitan Ballet presents: A Midsummer Night's Dream I April 8 - April 9
Not War by Music - UVYSO I April 11 7:30 pm
CSYP's Suessical Jr. I April 19 7:00 pm
Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Utah Valley University announced it has received funding to supplement its new mixed-reality digital media program. The grant will be utilized by UVU’s College of Engineering & Technology in order to continue to find STEM-related applications for virtual reality and augmented reality.
- Utah college tuitions are set to rise next fall amid rising labor costs in the state.
- University of Utah’s School for Cultural and Social Transformation was awarded a $1,000,000 grant from the Mellon Foundation to support its Pacific Islands Studies program.
- Former Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernández will face extradition to the US over drug trafficking charges. US prosecutors allege Hernández took bribes in exchange for protecting drug traffickers and facilitating shipments of more than 1 million pounds of cocaine to the US since 2004. He has denied any involvement.
YOUR VOICE
You don't understand! We coulda had class. We coulda been a contender. We could've shared highlights, in the section on the right and uploaded the pictures below!
UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS
This week Mayor's highlight was presenting Officer Oseguera with a purple heart award at the Utah Association of Police Conference in St. George.





.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.