Thursday, April 7, 2022

April 7 2022 Update

It is the end of the week for some of us - and the beginning or middle of the week for others.  The whirlwind that is the city and its services never stops, and often doesn't even slow down much.  We appreciate all you do to help us build this amazing community.  I feel fortunate every day to be a part of this team. 

Today is a full day of meetings for us again.  I met this morning on a project to do a small addition to the South Franklin Community Center and also with the steering committee on the City Hall/Public Safety facility project.  We also have meetings today on some economic development projects, the new airport terminal, and the Provo River Delta Restoration project.  

In the Mayor's highlights below, I hope you will take some time to watch her video tour of the new airport passenger terminal with a very popular social media influencer, hip hop producer and all-around good guy.  It is worth a few minutes to take a peak inside!  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Teen Volunteer Board I April 7 6:30 pm
Not War by Music - UVYSO I April 11 7:30 pm
Mad Science: Spin, Pop, Boom! I April 18 7:00 pm
Crochet Basics I April 19 6:30 pm
Crochet Club: Crochet Samplers I April 19 7:00 pm
Paint Night I April 19 7:00 pm
CSYP's Suessical Jr. I April 19 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I April 21 6:30 pm
Make Your Own Stress Ball I April 26 7:00 pm
Courtyard Book Sale I April 30 11:00 am
Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • For a touching story, read about the meteorologist who called their family on air to warn them of an incoming tornado.
  • With the slough of new laws, the divisions between red and blue states is becoming more stark.
  • You might have seen online or heard about “binaural beats”, which have been described as “digital drugs”. Listening to binaural beats has been claimed to help with sleep, stress, anxiety and cognition, and there’s much discussion online about whether or not they can cause a “high” similar to drugs.
  • As it turns out, the ‘hot hand’ is a real basketball phenomenon – but only some players have the ability to go on these basket-making streaks.
  • New vehicles sold in the U.S. will have to average at least 40 miles per gallon of gasoline in 2026, up from about 28 mpg, under new federal rules unveiled recently.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

We'll have what you're having, and we'll share what you're sharing. We love to share your highlights in the section on the right!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

 This week, the Mayor took a special guest on a tour of the new Provo Airport terminal, along with about 200,000 of his followers.  The video is 40  minutes long, but it really showcases the new building for those who haven't been out to see it.  



FUN STUFF

Continuing the tradition, here are my favorite Internet memes of the wee.














I hope the weekend allows you some time to relax, and that stresslaxing is not part of your plans.  Take care and stay safe.

Wayne

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have heard the Mayor better and the Special Guest less.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...