Thursday, May 19, 2022

May 19, 2022 Update

Life has been pretty hectic this week.  Today, we got to take a look at some of the more furnished and finished areas of the new city hall and public safety building.  It looks just incredible.  As we are getting within a month of the first departments moving in, I can't wait to see what the new building will do for our employees there!  

Next week, I am going to be on vacation.  Julie and I will be attending a family wedding in San Diego, and we are taking a couple of days either side of the wedding to see some sights.  Not excited about $6/gallon gas prices, but I am looking forward to a little R&R after a very stressful few months (or years...).  We will have several guest hosts for the Daily Update next week; I hope you enjoy getting to know them a bit better!

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28
Utah COPA POP Concert I May 23 7:30 pm
Studio K Dance Recital I May 24 7:00 pm
Studio 1 Solo Showcase I May 26 4:00 pm
Studio 1 Spring Recital I May 26 7:00 pm
Movies in the Park: Shrek 2 I June 6 8:00 pm
No Pressure Book Group I June 7 7:00 pm
Jive Spring Concert: Riverton I June 10 - June 11
Movies in the Park: Sing 2 I June 13 8:00 pm
Movies in the Park: Hercules I June 20 8:00 pm
Provo Market I July 23 10:00 am
The Tom Proctor Band I June 24 7:30 pm
Ammon and Liahona I June 25 6:00 pm
Motown & More I July 1 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Screen time may be changing the shape of our eyes. Here’s how you can stop it.
  • Soccer players representing the US men’s and women’s national teams will receive the same pay and prize money for the first time under historic agreements with the US Soccer Federation.
  • This one almost sounds unbelievable. A new study suggests some sexually transmitted parasites, such as Toxoplasma gondii, may produce changes in the appearance and behavior of the human host, either as a byproduct of the infection or as the result of the manipulation of the parasite to increase its spread to new hosts. In this case, people with the parasite were seen as healthier and more attractive. The study could open the door to future research on the manipulation of a human host by sexually transmitted pathogens and parasites.
  • We know mental illness is spiking in Utah’s workforce — We have solutions.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

This week Mayor's highlight was participating in Police Week events, including the memorial flag raising and the awards program.  

FUN STUFF

This week's internet memes.











Have a great weekend!  See you after the Memorial Day holiday!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...