Wednesday, May 4, 2022

May 4 2022 Update

It was nice to get up to a little gentle rain this morning.  I love these designer storms where we get enough rain the valley to feel good but not cause other problems (like sinkholes), but good additions to our mountain snow pack.  Every little bit helps as we head into the low 80's soon.  

I hope you were able to join us for this morning's sneak peek at the new airport terminal building.  It is a wonderful new addition to the City, and an opportunity to offer more and better services to Provo's residents, businesses and visitors.  For those who did come, it was fun to see and interact with you!  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28
Bike to Work Day I May 5 7:00 am
SIDC Company I May 5 7:30 pm
Celestial Ridge I May 6 - May 7

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Sen. Orrin Hatch will lie in state at the Utah Capitol. Who else has had that honor?   Hint: all former governors.  
  • Norman Mineta, transportation secretary who helped create TSA, dies at 90. He became one of the country’s highest-profile Asian American political leaders, as a big-city mayor, a 10-term congressman and a Cabinet secretary.
  • Experts are watching for signals on May 9 - Russia's Victory Day holiday - about whether the Russian aggression will spread beyond Ukraine.  

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA


YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

TUESDAY TIP

How to stop second-guessing yourself and get to work 

Acting decisively and sticking with that choice for a designated time period is often better than staying stuck, unsure of which path to choose, writes Scott H. Young. Locking yourself in to a course of action "forces you to stop second-guessing yourself when you need to work," Young writes.

FUN STUFF

Given that it is Star Wars day, I thought I would share the just released trailer for the Disney+ miniseries Obi-Wan Kenobi debuting at the end of May.  I think Star Wars fans (and who isn't one) will be pleased if the trailer is true to the real thing.




Hope you have a great day.  And may the "fourth" be with you.  



Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...